TalkTalk starts pushing YouView TV service
TalkTalk has opened pre-registration for its 'free' YouView-branded television service, with Sky the latest channel owner to join the line-up.
Talk Talk: promotes its upcoming YouView TV service
TalkTalk is bundling its YouView box with its Plus broadband and phone package, which costs £14.40 month plus line rental at £9.50, and includes unlimited broadband and calls to landlines.
It revealed today that Sky channels would be available via the service, including Sky1 and, for a supplemental charge, its sports and movies channels.
The service will include seven-day catch up TV, a range of free-to-air channels and some on a subscription or pay-per-view basis, including UKTV's seven channels.
Existing TalkTalk customers will have to re-sign a contract for an additional 24 months to get the YouView upgrade, while new customers will have to sign an 18 month contract. There will be a £50 installation charge initially.
TalkTalk has not confirmed when the service would be available to customers, but is planning a marketing campaign in the autumn to promote the offering.
TalkTalk is a partner in the YouView consortium, along with rival broadband provider BT and television companies including BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Five.
Today (26 July), YouView's first box, manufactured by Humax, hit shops with a price of £299. TalkTalk claims the box it is going to give away is worth the same price.
TalkTalk recently added a year's free subscription to LoveFilm's streaming service LoveFilm Instant to the Plus package.
Dido Harding, chief executive of TalkTalk said: "This compelling offer is the UK's best value triple-play package.
"It will give our customers more reasons to stay with us for longer and attract new broadband customers. It will also deliver significant value for shareholders. This is TalkTalk at its disruptive best."
In its first quarter, financial results today, TalkTalk reported total revenues of £414m, down from £423m for the same period last year.
BT, which recently acquired rights to the Premier League, is yet to unveil details of its YouView package.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...