Mail Online is ray of light in difficult June
The Mail Online's market dominance continued in June, when the number of global monthly browsers visiting the site rose to 93.7 million, outperforming the rest of the market, according to ABC figures.
Mail Online: recorded 93.7 million global monthly browsers in June
The Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT)-owned website, which is now a profitable business, nudged up its monthly browser number by just 2.24% on the previous month. However, this was far better than the rest of the market.
The Mail Online's average daily figure reached 5.8 million, up 44.8% on the year.
The latest comScore figures will also make pleasing reading for Mail Online executives.
In June, according to comScore, Mail Online recorded an average of 6.53 million daily unique visitors, ahead of the NYTimes.com with 5.87 million.
According to the ABC data, The Guardian remains the next most-popular UK newspaper online, although it did not disclose a monthly browser figure in June. Its average daily figure was 3.37 million in the month.
If the monthly browser figure is a gauge of success, then the rest of the newspaper market endured a difficult month, with the London Evening Standard, Independent, Mirror, Sun and Telegraph websites all down on the previous month.
The Telegraph's website is the third most-popular website in the country. Telegraph.co.uk attracted an average daily figure of 2.35 million visitors in June and 46 million monthly browsers, which was down 8.7%.
The News International-owned Sun website, which unlike its sister Times online, is free to access, attracted an average daily figure of 1.5 million browsers and 25.4 million monthly browsers.
Mirror Online recorded 15.9 million monthly browsers, down 2.24% while the London Evening Standard's website reached 2.93 million monthly browsers, down 12.6%.
|Multi-platform report June 2012|
|Jun-12||Daily change %|
|Daily avg.||Monthly total||Mth/mnth||yr/yr|
|Mirror Group Digital||777,536||15,595,143||-2.24||6.47|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London