Groupon brings in Brands2Life to help fight voucher competitors
Troubled website Groupon has drafted in Brands2Life to retain its position as the top daily deals website in the UK.
Online offers: Groupon HQ
The agency has been handed a consumer lifestyle and trade media relations brief to highlight the breadth of Groupon deals – which include restaurant meals, days out and cosmetic treatments.
Groupon, which has suffered a rocky ride on the stock market since it first went public last year, also wants to entice businesses to reach new customers through its deals, which operate under economies of scale.
Brands2Life co-founder Giles Fraser said: ‘Our role is very specific – to communicate the value of Groupon’s offers. They are the market leaders in a category they invented – part of the brief is making sure they continue that. We also want to draw attention to the breadth of what is on offer – there are a lot of different things you can do.’
The company launched in 2008 in Chicago, and was dubbed ‘the fastest-growing ever’ by Forbes magazine.
But after floating on the stock market in 2011, it has since seen its stock value shrink by two-thirds amid concerns about its business model.
The account will be headed by associate director Jodie Simpson. She will report to Emma Coleman, Groupon UK’s head of comms, who was appointed in April.
Groupon's IPO valued the company at $12.7bn, at the time making the company's share price higher than Amazon and Microsoft relative to 2012 sales estimates.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London