Groupon brings in Brands2Life to help fight voucher competitors
Troubled website Groupon has drafted in Brands2Life to retain its position as the top daily deals website in the UK.
Online offers: Groupon HQ
The agency has been handed a consumer lifestyle and trade media relations brief to highlight the breadth of Groupon deals – which include restaurant meals, days out and cosmetic treatments.
Groupon, which has suffered a rocky ride on the stock market since it first went public last year, also wants to entice businesses to reach new customers through its deals, which operate under economies of scale.
Brands2Life co-founder Giles Fraser said: ‘Our role is very specific – to communicate the value of Groupon’s offers. They are the market leaders in a category they invented – part of the brief is making sure they continue that. We also want to draw attention to the breadth of what is on offer – there are a lot of different things you can do.’
The company launched in 2008 in Chicago, and was dubbed ‘the fastest-growing ever’ by Forbes magazine.
But after floating on the stock market in 2011, it has since seen its stock value shrink by two-thirds amid concerns about its business model.
The account will be headed by associate director Jodie Simpson. She will report to Emma Coleman, Groupon UK’s head of comms, who was appointed in April.
Groupon's IPO valued the company at $12.7bn, at the time making the company's share price higher than Amazon and Microsoft relative to 2012 sales estimates.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London