Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Nike
A look at the performance of Nike in social media over the past four months.
Director Casey Neistat's viral film for Nike FuelBand created a buzz, gaining more than 6.8m views.
The 'My time is now' Nike ad launched ahead of Euro 2012. Social was at the heart of the campaign, with player stats and hidden videos incorporated in the online ad.
Nike put Umbro up for sale and was censured by the ASA for tweets by footballers Wayne Rooney and Jack Wilshere using the brand's #makeitcount hashtag that failed to highlight their promotional nature.
Nike and O2 teamed up to unveil 'Priority sports', creating a spike in positive mentions.
It may have got Nike into hot water, but #makeitcount is now a popular hashtag on Twitter, with users associating the activity with the Olympics. Nike+, the sporting goods brand's technology-focused activity dovetails well with its overall social-media output.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...