Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Nike
A look at the performance of Nike in social media over the past four months.
Director Casey Neistat's viral film for Nike FuelBand created a buzz, gaining more than 6.8m views.
The 'My time is now' Nike ad launched ahead of Euro 2012. Social was at the heart of the campaign, with player stats and hidden videos incorporated in the online ad.
Nike put Umbro up for sale and was censured by the ASA for tweets by footballers Wayne Rooney and Jack Wilshere using the brand's #makeitcount hashtag that failed to highlight their promotional nature.
Nike and O2 teamed up to unveil 'Priority sports', creating a spike in positive mentions.
It may have got Nike into hot water, but #makeitcount is now a popular hashtag on Twitter, with users associating the activity with the Olympics. Nike+, the sporting goods brand's technology-focused activity dovetails well with its overall social-media output.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London