Time Out to boost circulation as a free magazine
Time Out has confirmed plans to drop its coverprice and become a free magazine this autumn.
Time Out: switches to a free model
The weekly listings magazine expects to increase its circulation from approximately 55,000 to 300,000 when it relaunches.
It will be distributed by vendors at London Underground stations and at other major London transport intersections within travel zones one and two.
The magazine’s content will remain largely the same, although it is understood that a significant proportion of the listings will migrate to the Time Out website.
Time Out is expected to maintain its mix of music, theatre and events advertisers around its content but wants to grow levels of advertising from consumer brands.
The title, which has been in print since 1968, will make the change following extensive research using focus groups and interviews with readers, potential readers, advertisers and cultural institutions.
According to Time Out, it received an "overwhelming" response for the magazine to become a free, weekly, mass-circulation publication.
Tim Arthur, the editor-in-chief of Time Out, said: "Another exciting development with this new magazine is that it will be fully integrated into the huge portfolio of Time Out products that currently exist."
Last week, Time Out launched a free iPad app sponsored by MasterCard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRANDING Royds Raphael £40k-£55k, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager- contract & permanent Royds Raphael £36k-£45k / £160-£200 day rate, London