Time Out to boost circulation as a free magazine
Time Out has confirmed plans to drop its coverprice and become a free magazine this autumn.
Time Out: switches to a free model
The weekly listings magazine expects to increase its circulation from approximately 55,000 to 300,000 when it relaunches.
It will be distributed by vendors at London Underground stations and at other major London transport intersections within travel zones one and two.
The magazine’s content will remain largely the same, although it is understood that a significant proportion of the listings will migrate to the Time Out website.
Time Out is expected to maintain its mix of music, theatre and events advertisers around its content but wants to grow levels of advertising from consumer brands.
The title, which has been in print since 1968, will make the change following extensive research using focus groups and interviews with readers, potential readers, advertisers and cultural institutions.
According to Time Out, it received an "overwhelming" response for the magazine to become a free, weekly, mass-circulation publication.
Tim Arthur, the editor-in-chief of Time Out, said: "Another exciting development with this new magazine is that it will be fully integrated into the huge portfolio of Time Out products that currently exist."
Last week, Time Out launched a free iPad app sponsored by MasterCard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Marketing Assistant Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, Bedford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...