Maxus wins £4m Arcadia account
Arcadia, the high-street retail group owned by Sir Philip Green, has awarded its £4 million media planning and buying account to the WPP agency Maxus after a final shoot-out against Total Media.
Topshop: part of Sir Philip Green's Arcadia group
Arena Media and the7stars were also involved in the early stages of the process, which was handled by the consultant Rania Robinson.
The incumbent, Carat, declined to repitch. Carat worked on the Arcadia business for a number of years and added the BHS media account in January 2010 without a pitch after the merger of BHS into Arcadia in 2009.
The bulk of Arcadia's media spend is focused on BHS, which accounts for around £3.5 million, while Topshop and Topman spend around £600,000, according to figures from Nielsen.
In September last year, Arcadia awarded the BHS creative account to Cheethambell JWT. Grey London has also created fast-turnaround ads for Arcadia to support sales.
Maxus refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire