Maxus wins £4m Arcadia account
Arcadia, the high-street retail group owned by Sir Philip Green, has awarded its £4 million media planning and buying account to the WPP agency Maxus after a final shoot-out against Total Media.
Topshop: part of Sir Philip Green's Arcadia group
Arena Media and the7stars were also involved in the early stages of the process, which was handled by the consultant Rania Robinson.
The incumbent, Carat, declined to repitch. Carat worked on the Arcadia business for a number of years and added the BHS media account in January 2010 without a pitch after the merger of BHS into Arcadia in 2009.
The bulk of Arcadia's media spend is focused on BHS, which accounts for around £3.5 million, while Topshop and Topman spend around £600,000, according to figures from Nielsen.
In September last year, Arcadia awarded the BHS creative account to Cheethambell JWT. Grey London has also created fast-turnaround ads for Arcadia to support sales.
Maxus refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)