Maxus wins £4m Arcadia account
Arcadia, the high-street retail group owned by Sir Philip Green, has awarded its £4 million media planning and buying account to the WPP agency Maxus after a final shoot-out against Total Media.
Topshop: part of Sir Philip Green's Arcadia group
Arena Media and the7stars were also involved in the early stages of the process, which was handled by the consultant Rania Robinson.
The incumbent, Carat, declined to repitch. Carat worked on the Arcadia business for a number of years and added the BHS media account in January 2010 without a pitch after the merger of BHS into Arcadia in 2009.
The bulk of Arcadia's media spend is focused on BHS, which accounts for around £3.5 million, while Topshop and Topman spend around £600,000, according to figures from Nielsen.
In September last year, Arcadia awarded the BHS creative account to Cheethambell JWT. Grey London has also created fast-turnaround ads for Arcadia to support sales.
Maxus refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London