Wonga.com to sponsor Red or Black? game show
Wonga.com, the controversial short-term loans company, has signed a deal to sponsor the second series of 'Red or Black?', the game show produced jointly by ITV Studios and Simon Cowell's Syco.
Wonga: to sponsor second series of Red or Black? on ITV
The new series starts later this month and will be broadcast every Saturday for seven weeks, as the contestants compete in "large-scale stunts" and "nerve-wracking challenges" to win cash prizes.
The first series of 'Red or Black?' was stripped across a week in September 2011, and although its audiences lagged behind previous Syco ratings-winners such as 'The X Factor', ITV said it was the highest-performing entertainment launch in five years.
In a change from last year, half the cash (£500,000 rather than £1m) will offered on each show, but if it is not won, the amount will be rolled over each week and the final prize could reach a whopping £3.5m.
Darryl Bowman, head of marketing at Wonga.com, said: "We're pleased to be supporting such a big show, which, like our service, has been a hit with a mainstream audience from the beginning.
"The new 'Red or Black?' will guarantee viewers a big Saturday night and a must-watch evening of TV."
Wonga.com's integrated sponsorship will include broadcast, online and mobile elements, and will push Wonga's wider 'Straight-talking money' activity.
The sponsorship was negotiated by PHD and the idents will be created by Albion.
Simon Daglish, group commercial sales director, ITV, said: "We're delighted to welcome Wonga on board as part of a multi-platform sponsorship for the all-new second series of this game show extravaganza."
The first series of 'Red or Black?' was sponsored by pizza delivery firm Domino's.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...