Littlewoods dresses up Coleen Rooney to celebrate 80 years of catalogues
Littlewoods has recreated its most "iconic" catalogue covers from the past eight decades with a photo shoot starring brand ambassador Coleen Rooney, as a celebration of its 80th birthday.
Littlewoods, which is now owned by Shop Direct, published its first catalogue in May 1932 and since then, has featured stars including Jerry Hall and Joan Collins on the covers of its catalogues.
The first recreation is of a cover from 1937 and shows Rooney posing for a hand-illustrated image, as she sits in a curled blonde wig in a living room setting in Liverpool.
Subsequent cover images feature her posing in the fashion of the relevant decade, and the homage to the 1991 issues involves Rooney recreating the cover photo starring Hollywood actress Jane Seymour.
Gary Kibble, brand director at Littlewoods, said: "Littlewoods has come a long way since being founded by the late Sir John Moores in 1932, but has never lost sight of its core beliefs and values, with family always at the very heart of what we do.
"With the photo shoot, we wanted to illustrate exactly how Littlewoods has evolved since the first catalogues in the 1930s, all the way to present day."
British photographer Terry O’Neill, who has photographed stars including Elvis Presley, Audrey Hepburn and The Beatles, took the photos.
Littlewoods picked O'Neill because of his high-profile 40-year career, during which he has exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery and shot portraits of the Royal family.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)