Nivea drops Rihanna for being too raunchy
Nivea has dropped Rihanna as a brand ambassador, deeming her too raunchy for the skincare giant.
Rihanna: fronted Nivea's 100 years Skincare For Life campaign
Nivea's deal with the pop star has helped Rihanna become one of the wealthiest celebrities under 30.
According to Forbes magazine, she has earned around $53m (£34m) in the past 12 months.
Stefan Heidenreich, chief executive of Nivea-owned Beiersdorf, said: "Rihanna is not compatible with the Nivea brand values. It was not a question of the success or failure of the campaign."
Nivea had sponsored Rihanna's Loud tour last year, as part of its 100th birthday celebrations, in which Rihanna dedicated one of the songs, 'California King Bed', to the celebrations.
Rihanna, whose hit singles include 'S&M', has come under fire in some quarters for photos she posted online, which showed her throwing money at female strippers.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London