Nivea drops Rihanna for being too raunchy
Nivea has dropped Rihanna as a brand ambassador, deeming her too raunchy for the skincare giant.
Rihanna: fronted Nivea's 100 years Skincare For Life campaign
Nivea's deal with the pop star has helped Rihanna become one of the wealthiest celebrities under 30.
According to Forbes magazine, she has earned around $53m (£34m) in the past 12 months.
Stefan Heidenreich, chief executive of Nivea-owned Beiersdorf, said: "Rihanna is not compatible with the Nivea brand values. It was not a question of the success or failure of the campaign."
Nivea had sponsored Rihanna's Loud tour last year, as part of its 100th birthday celebrations, in which Rihanna dedicated one of the songs, 'California King Bed', to the celebrations.
Rihanna, whose hit singles include 'S&M', has come under fire in some quarters for photos she posted online, which showed her throwing money at female strippers.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London