Nivea drops Rihanna for being too raunchy
Nivea has dropped Rihanna as a brand ambassador, deeming her too raunchy for the skincare giant.
Rihanna: fronted Nivea's 100 years Skincare For Life campaign
Nivea's deal with the pop star has helped Rihanna become one of the wealthiest celebrities under 30.
According to Forbes magazine, she has earned around $53m (£34m) in the past 12 months.
Stefan Heidenreich, chief executive of Nivea-owned Beiersdorf, said: "Rihanna is not compatible with the Nivea brand values. It was not a question of the success or failure of the campaign."
Nivea had sponsored Rihanna's Loud tour last year, as part of its 100th birthday celebrations, in which Rihanna dedicated one of the songs, 'California King Bed', to the celebrations.
Rihanna, whose hit singles include 'S&M', has come under fire in some quarters for photos she posted online, which showed her throwing money at female strippers.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London