Airline operator TAP Portugal brings in Hills Balfour
International airline TAP Portugal has brought in Hills Balfour following a pitch shoot-out, amid moves to privatise the state-run company.
Airliner operator: TAP Portugal
The agency has been handed an ongoing retained brief with the airline, which serves 75 destinations in 34 countries worldwide.
The work has been awarded amid reports that the state-owned airway will be sold off in order to comply with the conditions set out as part of a bailout given by European Union/International Monetary Fund to the country last year.
However, the brief is understood to be not directly related to any possible plans.
Hills Balfour will develop and implement a PR strategy to build the profile of TAP Portugal in the minds of UK consumers using a range of media.
Of special focus for comms work will be the TAP Portugal Manchester to Lisbon route, the first time the airline has operated this daily service.
There will also be a focus on the London to Brazil route, which is aiming to opening up the in- and outbound route options to the South American country.
Rui Lemos, general manager of TAP Portugal in the UK, said: ‘It’s fantastic to now have a strong voice in the UK to reiterate our presence and dedication to this market. We see long-term opportunities for our Manchester to Lisbon and Brazil routes, and are looking forward to showcasing this to British travellers.’
TAP Portugal has been in operation for 67 years.
It has been highlighted as one of the possible state assets to be sold off as part of a €78bn bailout given to the Portugal following its financial difficulties in the wake of the global economic crisis.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Ad Operations Executive/Trafficker Propel £2600 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...