P&G ups its game to increase global sports funding by $20m
Procter & Gamble, the global FMCG giant and worldwide partner of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), will be raising an extra $20m (£16.01m) for its global youth sports programme as part of its 'Thank You Mum' activity.
P&G: kids by Wieden & Kennedy Portland is part of the Thank You Mum campaign
P&G announced yesterday (9 August) that it intends to raise an additional $20m over the next 10 years as part of its partnership with the IOC, to give children the opportunity to practise sports by supplying facilities and training across the globe.
The money will add to the $5m (£3.3m) already raised since January for the same cause, which has been collected from donations and a portion of sales from leading P&G brands, including Pampers, Tide, Gillette and Pantene.
Mark Pritchard, global brand building officer, P&G said: "Through our leadership brands we have already exceeded our goal of raising $5m in 2012. More than $6m is going to support sports development, school equipment, youth funds and scholarships, and places in summer sports camps across the world.
"This announcement means extending our plans until the end of our 10-year IOC partnership, working with NOCs [national Olympic committees] from around the world to increase the opportunity for more children to experience sporting and Olympic values."
A number of athletes have already signed up to the programme, including US Olympian Kerri Walsh, who helped to establish a youth fund in America and has partnered with Pampers to inspire babies to play.
Other supporters across P&G’s global markets include British marathon runner Paula Radcliffe, who is a Pampers spokeswoman; US Olympian Tyson Gay, who is part of the Gillette Get Started campaign, and Robbie Grabarz, the GB Olympian and bronze medallist.
P&G’s 'Thank You Mum' campaign started ahead of Mother's Day in April last year and has included a "home away from home" for athletes and their families at the London 2012 Olympic Games.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, Warwickshire