Team GB stars unwind after London 2012 success in Adidas video
Adidas has rounded off its sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics with a two-and-a-half minute video featuring several of its high-profile Team GB athletes, including Jessica Ennis, Sir Chris Hoy, Victoria Pendleton and Louis Smith, lip-synching to Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'.
Medallists Hoy, Ennis, Pendleton and Smith are joined by a number of other athletes from Team GB in their own version of the song.
The athletes are seen out of character, with Ennis air-guitaring with a table-tennis bat, Pendleton dressed as a tiger, and Hoy running with a Team GB flag trailing him.
Other athletes involved in the PR-led video include boxing gold medallist Nicola Adams, high jumper Robert Grabarz and the Brownlee brothers.
Adidas UK marketing director Nick Craggs said: "Adidas is the Olympic brand and this video is a great demonstration of how we have supported Team GB and captured the mood of the nation.
"London 2012 will be remembered as the best Olympic Games ever and this is a celebration of Adidas' 'Take The Stage' campaign and the amazing achievement Team GB athletes have accomplished."
The video was completed in the last few days of the Olympics, with some of the filming taking place on a terrace above the Westfield Centre's car park.
Adidas senior PR manager Steve Marks came up with the idea for the video, which was produced by the 10 Group. Hill & Knowlton handled the PR behind the campaign.
The video was directed by Phil Bloom and produced by Rollo Jackson. Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London