Team GB stars unwind after London 2012 success in Adidas video
Adidas has rounded off its sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics with a two-and-a-half minute video featuring several of its high-profile Team GB athletes, including Jessica Ennis, Sir Chris Hoy, Victoria Pendleton and Louis Smith, lip-synching to Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'.
Medallists Hoy, Ennis, Pendleton and Smith are joined by a number of other athletes from Team GB in their own version of the song.
The athletes are seen out of character, with Ennis air-guitaring with a table-tennis bat, Pendleton dressed as a tiger, and Hoy running with a Team GB flag trailing him.
Other athletes involved in the PR-led video include boxing gold medallist Nicola Adams, high jumper Robert Grabarz and the Brownlee brothers.
Adidas UK marketing director Nick Craggs said: "Adidas is the Olympic brand and this video is a great demonstration of how we have supported Team GB and captured the mood of the nation.
"London 2012 will be remembered as the best Olympic Games ever and this is a celebration of Adidas' 'Take The Stage' campaign and the amazing achievement Team GB athletes have accomplished."
The video was completed in the last few days of the Olympics, with some of the filming taking place on a terrace above the Westfield Centre's car park.
Adidas senior PR manager Steve Marks came up with the idea for the video, which was produced by the 10 Group. Hill & Knowlton handled the PR behind the campaign.
The video was directed by Phil Bloom and produced by Rollo Jackson. Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...