Nike runs outdoor ad celebrating Farah's double Olympic victory
Nike has taken another swipe at hijacking Adidas' sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics with an outdoor campaign celebrating Mo Farah's double gold-winning performance.
Nike outdoor ad: skirting sponsorship rules on Olympics ads
The outdoor digital campaign is running across a number of sites in London.
Farah – who won Olympic Golds in the 5,000m and 10,000m – is sponsored by Nike, which has not been a sponsor of the London 2012 Olympics.
The ad features the legs of an athlete and the strapline, "Twice the Guts. Double the Glory."
The legs of the athletes are understood not to be those of Farah.
Nike would not have been able to run the ad had Farah been in it, as rules mean that the Olympic blackout period which protects sponsors from other advertisers using Olympic athletes in advertising does not end until August 15.
It is the second quick-turnaround ad that Nike has produced in recent days, following the outdoor and print campaign starring Paula Radcliff, which it produced just days after she pulled out of the Olympics.
Following yesterday’s closing ceremony, Adidas released a PR-driven video, featuring some of its sponsored athletes lip-synching to Queen’s 'Don’t Stop Me Now'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...