Churchill launches first pet insurance ad
Churchill, the insurance brand, is uniting its nodding dog brand ambassador with fellow canines and actor Martin Clunes in its debut ad for its pet insurance product.
The ad, created by WCRS, features real dogs travelling from all over the country, overcoming a series of obstacles, to thank the Churchill mascot for offering multi-pet insurance by giving him bones. The ad also features actor Clunes.
The creative directors were Jo Moore and Simon Robinson and the director was Dominic Brigstocke, while the production company was Tomboy.
The ad for the insurer, which is part of the Direct Line group owned by RBS, debuted last night (Monday).
Simultaneously Churchill also rolled out another ad for its home insurance. The spot, 'Lawnmower', sees Churchill and Martin at home in the garden on a lazy summer’s day.
Churchill creates 'Lawn Art' as a way of sharing the new home insurance offer with Clunes. Mediacom handled the media.
Churchill, which started out as a motor insurer, expanded into pet insurance in 1997 in the same year it moved into household insurance.
It signed up Martin Clunes to appear in its advertising in December. Previously Churchill has appeared with celebrities including Rolf Harris, Roy Walker, Melanie Sykes and Ricky Hatton.
Last month Marketing revealed Direct Line Group chief marketing officer Rick Vlemmiks was leaving the RBS-owned insurance group after just five months in the role.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)