BlackBerry European marketing boss departs
BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion has parted ways with its top European marketer, Sarah Probert, following deep cuts to its global workforce.
BlackBerry: European marketing boss departs
Probert has worked at RIM for the past eight years. She held her most recent role, senior director of marketing EMEA, for the past two. It is understood that Probert does not have a job to go to.
Justin Hollis, brand director for EMEA, has taken over her remit and will report to Frank Boulben, the company's newly appointed chief marketing officer. It is not known whether RIM is looking for a permanent replacement.
Probert leaves three months after RIM rolled out a multimillion-pound global campaign, and ahead of its much-delayed BlackBerry 10 platform launch, which is now scheduled for the first quarter of next year.
RIM announced in June that it was to axe 5000 jobs Ð 30% of its workforce - in a bid to save $1bn (£0.6bn).
RIM declined to comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...