Diet Coke prepares 30th anniversary campaign
Diet Coke is putting its 30th birthday at the centre of its UK marketing plans for 2013, as the brand looks to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
Diet Coke: campaign will target core female audience
The brand, which was launched in the UK in 1983, will continue to target female consumers through activity based on the ‘empowerment of women’.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: ‘Women are always at the heart of our Diet Coke plans and we are currently looking at how we continue to celebrate the role of women and our Diet Coke-drinkers in 2013.’
Fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier is Diet Coke’s creative director and has contributed to design and advertising activity. It has not been confirmed whether the partnership with Gaultier will continue next year.
In the US, where the drink launched in 1982, celebrations have already started. Experiential activity involves guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London