McDonald's ditches Innocent Smoothies
McDonald's has ditched Innocent Smoothies from its menus, after its five-year-trial failed to gain traction with customers.
Fruitizz: replaces Innocent Smoothies on McDonald's children's Happy Meals menus
McDonald's began trialling Innocent Smoothie pouches in 2007, as part of its Happy Meal Offering for children.
However, customers failed to warm to them and found them to be too filling alongside their Happy Meals.
As a replacement, McDonald's has rolled out Fruitizz, a fizzy fruit juice drinks for children, which is being sold with children’s Happy Meals.
It has also decided to make its smoothies in-house.
McDonald's is trialling testing two "iced smoothies" for adults, which are blended in-store, across 63 restaurants in Wales and in the four restaurants at the Olympic Park.
McDonald's said: "From speaking to our customers, we knew that while parents appreciated the nutritional benefit of fruit smoothies for kids, they were widely considered a standalone snack or treat, rather than a meal accompaniment."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)