McDonald's ditches Innocent Smoothies
McDonald's has ditched Innocent Smoothies from its menus, after its five-year-trial failed to gain traction with customers.
Fruitizz: replaces Innocent Smoothies on McDonald's children's Happy Meals menus
McDonald's began trialling Innocent Smoothie pouches in 2007, as part of its Happy Meal Offering for children.
However, customers failed to warm to them and found them to be too filling alongside their Happy Meals.
As a replacement, McDonald's has rolled out Fruitizz, a fizzy fruit juice drinks for children, which is being sold with children’s Happy Meals.
It has also decided to make its smoothies in-house.
McDonald's is trialling testing two "iced smoothies" for adults, which are blended in-store, across 63 restaurants in Wales and in the four restaurants at the Olympic Park.
McDonald's said: "From speaking to our customers, we knew that while parents appreciated the nutritional benefit of fruit smoothies for kids, they were widely considered a standalone snack or treat, rather than a meal accompaniment."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- International Cross-Media Account Manager- Up to £40K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London