McDonald's ditches Innocent Smoothies
McDonald's has ditched Innocent Smoothies from its menus, after its five-year-trial failed to gain traction with customers.
Fruitizz: replaces Innocent Smoothies on McDonald's children's Happy Meals menus
McDonald's began trialling Innocent Smoothie pouches in 2007, as part of its Happy Meal Offering for children.
However, customers failed to warm to them and found them to be too filling alongside their Happy Meals.
As a replacement, McDonald's has rolled out Fruitizz, a fizzy fruit juice drinks for children, which is being sold with children’s Happy Meals.
It has also decided to make its smoothies in-house.
McDonald's is trialling testing two "iced smoothies" for adults, which are blended in-store, across 63 restaurants in Wales and in the four restaurants at the Olympic Park.
McDonald's said: "From speaking to our customers, we knew that while parents appreciated the nutritional benefit of fruit smoothies for kids, they were widely considered a standalone snack or treat, rather than a meal accompaniment."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)