McDonald's ditches Innocent Smoothies
McDonald's has ditched Innocent Smoothies from its menus, after its five-year-trial failed to gain traction with customers.
Fruitizz: replaces Innocent Smoothies on McDonald's children's Happy Meals menus
McDonald's began trialling Innocent Smoothie pouches in 2007, as part of its Happy Meal Offering for children.
However, customers failed to warm to them and found them to be too filling alongside their Happy Meals.
As a replacement, McDonald's has rolled out Fruitizz, a fizzy fruit juice drinks for children, which is being sold with children’s Happy Meals.
It has also decided to make its smoothies in-house.
McDonald's is trialling testing two "iced smoothies" for adults, which are blended in-store, across 63 restaurants in Wales and in the four restaurants at the Olympic Park.
McDonald's said: "From speaking to our customers, we knew that while parents appreciated the nutritional benefit of fruit smoothies for kids, they were widely considered a standalone snack or treat, rather than a meal accompaniment."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London