Visa, BA, BP and BT support Olympic and Paralympic parade
London 2012 sponsors Visa, British Airways, BP and BT are to provide financial support for the Olympic and Paralympic victory parade taking place on September 10.
Paralympic and Olympic victory parade will take place on 10 September
Funding for the showpiece event is also being provided by the British Olympic Association (BOA) and the Mayor’s office.
The London 2012 sponsors are providing additional funding, on top of their original multi-million pound outlay on sponsoring the games.
In return, the sponsors are expected to get branding opportunities on the day, which will celebrate the achievement of athletes include Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Sir Chris Hoy.
The event will involve around 900 Olympians and Paralympians travelling on open-topped buses.
Millions of flag-waving supporters are expected to line the streets for the event.
The number of supporters is expected to top those for similar victory parades, such as those for England’s Ashes win in 2005 and the country’s 2003 Rugby World Cup victory.
It is also thought that a number of royals, including Prince Harry, will be in attendance.
Darryl Seibel, a spokesperson for the BOA, told Marketing that he wasn’t anticipating that brands would try to ambush the event, saying, "I can’t image any entity wanting to undermine the generous support of those brands."
It is unclear how much funding the five London 2012 sponsors are providing for the event.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London