Government launches £520m comms framework
The first of the Government's post-COI frameworks has been unveiled, offering work worth up to £520m.
Jenny Grey led work to set up the post-COI frameworks
Agencies will now be able to compete to get on The Creative Content, Delivery, Execution and Related Services roster, which will cover four years.
Launched after the opening of the Agile Route to Market, which offers a quicker route to work worth no more than £100,000 over four years, it will be followed by the launch of a second framework later this year.
The new procurement set-up comes amid cost-cutting efforts by the Government.
Pointing to marketing spend cuts of £390m last year, a Cabinet Office spokesperson said: ‘We are now on the hunt for the best talent as we look to spend in a more strategic and co-ordinated way. We want to develop more comms partnerships with commercial and voluntary sectors, and get more value for money through rock-solid evaluation of what works best.
'We are now open for business to all kinds of innovative suppliers and entrepreneurs – whatever their size, whatever their business model.’
Applicants will have until 19 September to apply for the first framework, with 30 agencies across marcoms expected to be chosen.
Its launch follows the closure of the COI in May and recent news that the Government’s comms architect for the new system Jenny Grey is leaving in the autumn.
The COI frameworks that have been transferred to Government Procurement Service will remain live until at least September.
A second framework will focus on market research, comms planning and strategy and planning will be launched in October.
In a press release by the cabinet office, the frameworks were described as ‘an opportunity to take a more holistic view of how comms campaigns and activities could dovetail, particularly where there are overlapping audiences and potential channels to reach those audiences'.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London