Gocompare drafts in Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce to silence brand character
Gocompare.com has drafted in Olympic football coach Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce to star in its new ad attempting to silence tenor Gio Compario.
The ad, created by Dare, features Pearce kicking a football at Gio Compario in an effort to stop him annoyingly singing to a couple trying to buy a car across the street. Compario is seen falling to the ground after Pearce kicks the ball at his stomach.
The ad forms part of the brand's 'Saving The Nation' campaign, which initially featured Sue Barker unsuccessfully trying to blow up Compario with a bazooka. The spot received 43 complaints from consumers who called the ad offensive and had the potential of causing harm to children.
The creative team on the ad included Colin Smith and Angus Vine with creative directors Nick Bird and Lee Smith. Big Red Button directed the spot and Carat handled the media planning and buying.
The ad will be supported with a national media campaign across TV, radio, digital and social media.
Kevin Hughes, chief finance and marketing officer at Gocompare.com, commented: "Gocompare.com had a phenomenal reaction when Sue Barker helped us in 'Saving The Nation' and I’m sure people will be looking forward to finding out who is next in line to try and silence him.
"We know a lot of people love to hate our moustachioed friend and we are responding to that, with the overall message that Gocompare.com is dedicated to 'Saving The Nation' both time and money when choosing financial products."
Toby Horry, managing director, at Dare said: "Saving the nation money is what Gocompare.com is all about - the campaign uses 'heart of the nation' characters to help save the public from Gio’s singing."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...