Gocompare drafts in Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce to silence brand character
Gocompare.com has drafted in Olympic football coach Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce to star in its new ad attempting to silence tenor Gio Compario.
The ad, created by Dare, features Pearce kicking a football at Gio Compario in an effort to stop him annoyingly singing to a couple trying to buy a car across the street. Compario is seen falling to the ground after Pearce kicks the ball at his stomach.
The ad forms part of the brand's 'Saving The Nation' campaign, which initially featured Sue Barker unsuccessfully trying to blow up Compario with a bazooka. The spot received 43 complaints from consumers who called the ad offensive and had the potential of causing harm to children.
The creative team on the ad included Colin Smith and Angus Vine with creative directors Nick Bird and Lee Smith. Big Red Button directed the spot and Carat handled the media planning and buying.
The ad will be supported with a national media campaign across TV, radio, digital and social media.
Kevin Hughes, chief finance and marketing officer at Gocompare.com, commented: "Gocompare.com had a phenomenal reaction when Sue Barker helped us in 'Saving The Nation' and I’m sure people will be looking forward to finding out who is next in line to try and silence him.
"We know a lot of people love to hate our moustachioed friend and we are responding to that, with the overall message that Gocompare.com is dedicated to 'Saving The Nation' both time and money when choosing financial products."
Toby Horry, managing director, at Dare said: "Saving the nation money is what Gocompare.com is all about - the campaign uses 'heart of the nation' characters to help save the public from Gio’s singing."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire