Gocompare drafts in Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce to silence brand character
Gocompare.com has drafted in Olympic football coach Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce to star in its new ad attempting to silence tenor Gio Compario.
The ad, created by Dare, features Pearce kicking a football at Gio Compario in an effort to stop him annoyingly singing to a couple trying to buy a car across the street. Compario is seen falling to the ground after Pearce kicks the ball at his stomach.
The ad forms part of the brand's 'Saving The Nation' campaign, which initially featured Sue Barker unsuccessfully trying to blow up Compario with a bazooka. The spot received 43 complaints from consumers who called the ad offensive and had the potential of causing harm to children.
The creative team on the ad included Colin Smith and Angus Vine with creative directors Nick Bird and Lee Smith. Big Red Button directed the spot and Carat handled the media planning and buying.
The ad will be supported with a national media campaign across TV, radio, digital and social media.
Kevin Hughes, chief finance and marketing officer at Gocompare.com, commented: "Gocompare.com had a phenomenal reaction when Sue Barker helped us in 'Saving The Nation' and I’m sure people will be looking forward to finding out who is next in line to try and silence him.
"We know a lot of people love to hate our moustachioed friend and we are responding to that, with the overall message that Gocompare.com is dedicated to 'Saving The Nation' both time and money when choosing financial products."
Toby Horry, managing director, at Dare said: "Saving the nation money is what Gocompare.com is all about - the campaign uses 'heart of the nation' characters to help save the public from Gio’s singing."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)