Research in Motion's media strategy director heads to Vodafone
Brian Bloomer, Research in Motion's media strategy director for EMEA, is joining Vodafone as its group media planning manager.
Vodafone: appoints Brian Bloomer as group media planning manager
In the newly created role, Bloomer will be responsible for optimising communications planning across Vodafone’s footprint of 21 operating companies.
He will report to Tom Lucas, group head of communications strategy and media, working both with the local market and the broader commercial team at Vodafone Group.
Bloomer starts at Vodafone on 3 September. It is not known when he left BlackBerry-maker RIM, or whether he will be replaced.
Yesterday (21 August), RIM appointed internal candidate Rob Orr as its new managing director for Europe, replacing Stephen Bates, who has been appointed regional managing director for Europe.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)