Lidl kicks off £18m creative and media review
Lidl is on the hunt for an agency to handle its £18 million UK advertising account.
Lidl: hopes to emulate the success Aldi has had with its ads
The retailer has approached agencies directly, inviting them to attend chemistry meetings in early September.
It is also understood to be plotting a review of its media planning and buying arrangements, which are currently held in-house.
Lidl is looking for an agency to create a brand campaign that will convert those who use the supermarket to "top up" their weekly shop with grocery essentials into regular customers.
The move is believed to have been prompted by the success of its rival Aldi’s award-winning "like brands" advertising campaign, which was created by McCann Manchester.
Lidl, which currently works with AV Browne, has not previously invested heavily in brand advertising, focusing instead on tactical print work.
The retailer launched a TV spot that ran on regional channels in June 2009. Created by the production company Banana Split, the work aired during family meal times and focused on the freshness of the supermarket’s produce.
Last month, Lidl replaced Littlewoods.com as the sponsor of the Daily Mirror Pride of Britain Awards, in a two-year, six-figure deal.
Lidl had a 2.8 per cent share of the market for supermarkets – the same as Aldi – after growing sales by 11.3 per cent in the 12 weeks to 13 May.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...