Louis Vuitton launches global ad contest
Louis Vuitton, the fashion house, is reviewing its global advertising arrangements.
Louis Vuitton: latest work features swimmer Michael Phelps
A pitch for the luxury brand’s global business, currently held by Ogilvy & Mather Paris, is being run out of the French capital. Ogilvy & Mather is repitching for the account.
Ogilvy & Mather Paris won the global Louis Vuitton account in December 2006 after a pitch against the incumbent, BETC, and TBWA\London.
Louis Vuitton, which is part of the LVMH luxury goods conglomerate, is known for featuring high-profile celebrities in its ad campaigns.
The brand’s latest signing is Michael Phelps, the swimmer and world’s most decorated Olympian, who features in a newly released print ad, shot by Annie Leibovitz.
Ogilvy & Mather created a TV spot for the brand last month featuring Yasiin Bey. In the film, Bey recites some of Muhammad Ali’s famous speeches.
In April last year, Louis Vuitton paid Angelina Jolie more than £6 million to be the face of the label. The amount was thought to be a record for a single ad campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London