M&C Saatchi and Walker Media land Viking briefs
Viking River Cruises has appointed M&C Saatchi and Walker Media to its UK and US advertising and media accounts respectively.
Viking River Cruises: hands creative and media accounts to M&C Saatchi and Walker Media respectively
It is understood that M&C Saatchi and Walker Media will work on a campaign using TV, press and digital media.
Viking is believed to have spent around £4.5 million on above-the-line UK media over the past 12 months, but it is expected to boost this figure.
Walker Media has partnered with the US shop Horizon Media for planning and buying in the US.
In the past, the bulk of Viking's spend was focused on direct marketing and press advertising, but it is understood that the brand is looking to boost its position through a TV brand campaign.
In July last year, Viking appointed All Response Media to handle a DRTV project.
Viking claims to be the largest operator of river-based cruise ships in the world, which travel along the waterways of Europe and China.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)