Foreign football joins YouTube in partner deal
LoveFootball, a new foreign football league highlights channel launched on YouTube by international sports media rights agency MP & Silva, has attracted 8,000 video views.
LoveFootball: new channel offers foreign football league highlights on YouTube
LoveFootball, which was officially launched yesterday (28 August), offers different highlights packages in different territories via a platform managed by video distribution specialist Rightster.
UK-based YouTube viewers can see highlights from Italy's Serie A, France's Ligue 1 and America's Major League Soccer, but not English football.
However, Asia-based viewers will be able to see English Championship, FA Cup and Capital One Cup highlights. FA Cup highlights will also be available in Germany, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, Portugal, Austria and Switzerland.
The deal comes three weeks after the Scottish Premier League launched a highlights channel on YouTube, which has had 172,000 video views.
The splofficial channel has 3,944 subscribers – people who have bookmarked the channel rather than paid for it – while LoveFootball has 970.
Manchester City FC's channel, which launched on YouTube in 2009, has racked up 42 million video views and has 56,299 subscribers.
YouTube's channel partner programme gives rights owners a majority share of revenues from advertising sold against their content by YouTube.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...