JWT London scoops Tilda creative account
JWT London has picked up the advertising account for the rice brand Tilda. The business was most recently handled by its sister WPP agency Ogilvy & Mather. However, Tilda started talks with other shops in November last year.
Tilda: appointed JWT London
O&M created a 2009 ad campaign that promoted the brand’s microwaveable basmati rice. The 30-second TV spot featured a mother explaining how her son had brought shame on the family by using Tilda’s products and ended with the line: "Perfect basmati rice in two minutes. Sorry, Mum."
Tilda has also worked with Lowe Mumbai on a TV and cinema campaign that was shot in the style of a Bollywood epic and ran in 2008.
The brand launched in the UK in the 70s selling basmati rice to target the immigrant Asian population but has subsequently broadened its advertising and product range with the corresponding growth in popularity of Indian and other exotic food.
According to Mintel data, in 2010, Tilda’s share of the UK rice market was 12 per cent with sales of £48 million. This made it the second-biggest rice brand behind Uncle Ben’s, which has a 33 per cent share.
Tilda is aiming to increase its popularity with a new range of rice and vegetable products designed to appeal to children.
No-one at JWT London was available for comment on the appointment.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...