JWT London scoops Tilda creative account
JWT London has picked up the advertising account for the rice brand Tilda. The business was most recently handled by its sister WPP agency Ogilvy & Mather. However, Tilda started talks with other shops in November last year.
Tilda: appointed JWT London
O&M created a 2009 ad campaign that promoted the brand’s microwaveable basmati rice. The 30-second TV spot featured a mother explaining how her son had brought shame on the family by using Tilda’s products and ended with the line: "Perfect basmati rice in two minutes. Sorry, Mum."
Tilda has also worked with Lowe Mumbai on a TV and cinema campaign that was shot in the style of a Bollywood epic and ran in 2008.
The brand launched in the UK in the 70s selling basmati rice to target the immigrant Asian population but has subsequently broadened its advertising and product range with the corresponding growth in popularity of Indian and other exotic food.
According to Mintel data, in 2010, Tilda’s share of the UK rice market was 12 per cent with sales of £48 million. This made it the second-biggest rice brand behind Uncle Ben’s, which has a 33 per cent share.
Tilda is aiming to increase its popularity with a new range of rice and vegetable products designed to appeal to children.
No-one at JWT London was available for comment on the appointment.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Senior Brand Manager - EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, West Midlands