Sky Broadband signs £4m sponsor deal for ITV drama
BSkyB has signed a £4 million deal for Sky Broadband to sponsor ITV's "showcase drama" package, which will include the upcoming shows Mrs Biggs and Mr Selfridge.
Mrs Biggs: new series will be part of the Sky sponsorship deal
Sky Broadband intends to use the sponsorship package to promote the range of services it offers.
The sponsorship was negotiated by MediaCom and the idents, which will be created by WCRS, will be tailored to fit the range of drama series included in the package.
Previously, ITV’s main drama package was called "ITV Drama Premieres" and was sponsored by Aviva from 2009. Downton Abbey was separated from the package and recently secured P&O Cruises as a sponsor.
Since Sky reached ten million households in 2010, the pay-TV giant has increasingly marketed additional services, such as telecoms and broadband, to its TV customers.
Lyssa McGowan, Sky’s brand director, communications products, said: "This sponsorship will provide strong reach for the message of Sky’s campaign – encouraging consumers to demand more from their broadband."
The package includes broadcast, online and mobile.
Chris Fuller, the head of broadcast sponsorship at MediaCom, said: "The high production values, stature and scale of the strand, coupled with the potential for some exciting activation opportunities, have made this the perfect union."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...