BMB wins Bahlsen brand launch campaign
Bahlsen, the German biscuit-maker, has appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to work on a launch campaign for a new brand, whose name has yet to be announced.
Hit biscuits: parent Bahlsen has appointed BMB for new brand
The agency won the business after a pitch against Doner and M&C Saatchi. The pitch process, which kicked off in March, was handled by Oystercatchers.
Bahlsen, which produces Choco Leibniz and Hit biscuits, has stepped up its marketing efforts lately in a bid to steal market share from rivals such as McVitie’s.
The company launched a TV spot for Hit in May. The ad, by Forever Beta, featured women in a supermarket singing the Britney Spears track …Baby One More Time with the altered lyrics: "I love Hit biscuits, it’s killing me."
In 2010, Bahlsen launched a six-figure ad campaign aimed at positioning its Messino brand as a premium alternative to the market-leading Jaffa Cakes. The activity included TV spots created by Ogilvy in Germany.
As the world’s largest family owned biscuit manufacturer, it claims to account for 70 per cent of the continental biscuits sold in the UK.
Bahlsen has traded in the UK for 40 years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)