BMB wins Bahlsen brand launch campaign
Bahlsen, the German biscuit-maker, has appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to work on a launch campaign for a new brand, whose name has yet to be announced.
Hit biscuits: parent Bahlsen has appointed BMB for new brand
The agency won the business after a pitch against Doner and M&C Saatchi. The pitch process, which kicked off in March, was handled by Oystercatchers.
Bahlsen, which produces Choco Leibniz and Hit biscuits, has stepped up its marketing efforts lately in a bid to steal market share from rivals such as McVitie’s.
The company launched a TV spot for Hit in May. The ad, by Forever Beta, featured women in a supermarket singing the Britney Spears track …Baby One More Time with the altered lyrics: "I love Hit biscuits, it’s killing me."
In 2010, Bahlsen launched a six-figure ad campaign aimed at positioning its Messino brand as a premium alternative to the market-leading Jaffa Cakes. The activity included TV spots created by Ogilvy in Germany.
As the world’s largest family owned biscuit manufacturer, it claims to account for 70 per cent of the continental biscuits sold in the UK.
Bahlsen has traded in the UK for 40 years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London