Jack Wills seeks shop for creative account
Jack Wills, the clothing brand, is on the hunt for an advertising agency as it moves to ramp up its marketing efforts.
Jack Wills: previous marketing has been pulled by the ASA
The brand, which has not engaged in mainstream advertising, has been in touch with agencies directly to invite them to pitch for communication projects.
Jack Wills, which focuses on clothing for university students, has used risque marketing in the past.
Last year, it was forced by the Advertising Standards Authority to pull a number of pages in its catalogue for "offensive nudity". The ads were carried in Jack Wills' 2011 Spring Term Handbook, produced in-house, featuring pictures of young people in a state of undress.
Nineteen people complained to the ASA, claiming the ads were not appropriate in a publication that could be viewed by teenagers.
In 2009, a promotional image of a partially dressed woman in a catalogue for Jack Wills escaped a ban by the ASA.
The brand was founded in 1999 by Peter Williams and Robert Shaw, and was named after Williams' grandfather Jack Williams. It launched Aubin & Wills in 2008, which is aimed at customers aged over 25.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...