Nike poaches Burberry social-media chief Musa Tariq
Burberry's social-media marketing guru, Musa Tariq, is set to leave the brand to take up a similar role at Nike.
Nike: hiring Burberry's Musa Tariq
Tariq joined the British luxury fashion brand as global head of digital marketing in 2009, before being promoted to global director of social-media marketing last year. He had previously worked at ad agencies JWT and Saatchi& Saatchi.
While at Burberry, Tariq has been responsible for a range of acclaimed social-media campaigns, including a ‘Tweetwalk’ last September, which allowed the brand to reveal every new-season look on Twitter moments before the models hit the runway.
It is not known when Tariq will take up his position with Nike, or what his exact job title will be.
Separately, a restructure across the brand’s Western Europe division has led to the departure of Adam Collins, its UK brand communications director.
Collins, a former global advertising director at Nike, joined the sporting-goods manufacturer in 2005 from ad agency Leagas Delaney.
He will not be replaced at the company; it is not known whether he has another job to go to.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End