Behind the scenes: National Accident Helpline TV spot featuring 'underdog' character
Campaign takes a behind-the-scenes look at the recent National Accident Helpline TV ad, which features its popular claymation 'underdog' character.
CST The Gate worked closely with Aardman studios in the filming of the ad, which features the track 'Tubthumping' by Chumbawumba.
The ad, which launched in August, features the underdog character at home with his leg in plaster and shows his struggles against his injuries as he tries to seek help.
Social media and search advertising is also central to the campaign.
During the production of the TV ad, National Accident Helpline's Facebook fans were invited to name one of the characters in the ad and the winning name features in the final ad.
Explaining some of the decisions behind the production, Gordon Smith, executive creative director of CST The Gate, said: "We chose the song tub-thumping because the lyrics fit perfectly with what we want to say. When you’ve had an accident, you want to get back on your feet, and get someone to sort out the compensation you deserve."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)