Malibu gets tequila 'fusion' variant Malibu Red
Pernod Ricard UK is introducing Malibu Red, a "fusion" of Caribbean Malibu rum and Mexican Olmeca Tequila, to the UK market ahead of the run-up to the festive season.
Malibu Red: Pernod Ricard's latest launch
Pernod said the drink has been developed by sensory experts and bartenders to "balance the characteristically light, refreshing and smooth coconut taste of Malibu with the rich characteristics of premium tequila and its signature fiery finish".
The launch of the innovation is being spearheaded by R&B singer-songwriter and newly appointed Malibu Red creative director, Ne-Yo. The artist has produced an exclusive track, ‘Burning Up’ and will also appear on the brand’s UK advertising.
Fans can download the track by visiting the Malibu UK Facebook page and the brand is set to unveil details of guest appearances from Ne-Yo and exclusive content in the near future.
An ad campaign will run across consumer lifestyle publications and retailer websites using the strapline "Taste the smooth feel the fire".
On-trade support includes point-of-sale kits while for the off-trade, the launch will be supported with in-store activity such as recipe neck collars.
Patrick Venning, marketing director at Pernod Ricard UK, said: "Malibu Red brings something totally new and unique to the mixable spirits category.
"The association with Ne-Yo is sure to bring this exciting innovation alive for our consumers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London