Malibu gets tequila 'fusion' variant Malibu Red
Pernod Ricard UK is introducing Malibu Red, a "fusion" of Caribbean Malibu rum and Mexican Olmeca Tequila, to the UK market ahead of the run-up to the festive season.
Malibu Red: Pernod Ricard's latest launch
Pernod said the drink has been developed by sensory experts and bartenders to "balance the characteristically light, refreshing and smooth coconut taste of Malibu with the rich characteristics of premium tequila and its signature fiery finish".
The launch of the innovation is being spearheaded by R&B singer-songwriter and newly appointed Malibu Red creative director, Ne-Yo. The artist has produced an exclusive track, ‘Burning Up’ and will also appear on the brand’s UK advertising.
Fans can download the track by visiting the Malibu UK Facebook page and the brand is set to unveil details of guest appearances from Ne-Yo and exclusive content in the near future.
An ad campaign will run across consumer lifestyle publications and retailer websites using the strapline "Taste the smooth feel the fire".
On-trade support includes point-of-sale kits while for the off-trade, the launch will be supported with in-store activity such as recipe neck collars.
Patrick Venning, marketing director at Pernod Ricard UK, said: "Malibu Red brings something totally new and unique to the mixable spirits category.
"The association with Ne-Yo is sure to bring this exciting innovation alive for our consumers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...