Bauer Consumer Media's pre-tax profits drop 9.5% to £57.3m
Annual pre-tax profits at the magazine company behind Grazia and Zoo were down 9.5% to £57.3m in 2011 after a £17.7m drop in revenues.
Grazia: weekly Bauer title
Results for Bauer Consumer Media filed at Companies House this week show it generated revenues of £228.1m during 2011 compared with £245.8m during 2010.
Despite the hit to its top line and boosting the average number staff during the year from 64 to 72, the publisher was able to boost its profit margin by cutting costs.
Its cost of sales fell 5.9% to £89.8m while its administrative expenses were down 10.9% to £80.3m. Staff costs stayed steady at £3.58m.
In 2011 the company paid a £224m dividend via its parent company Bauer Consumer Media Holdings to German company Bauer UK Magazine Gmbh, which is part of the privately-owned media empire of the Bauer family. It did not pay a dividend in 2011.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Technical SEO Specialist - Travel Clients - Media Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Junior Account Manager - Software Support Ultimate Asset £20000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London