Cadbury launches two Dairy Milk bars via social media
Kraft has used social media to launch two Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, Toffee Popcorn and Golden Biscuit Crunch.
Cadbury: launches two chocolate bars with social media support
It is also running a campaign from Dairy Milk's Twitter account. It has bought a Promoted Trend "#newcadburydairymilk" to advertise the bars and has run a series of tweets, including an image of the new bars.
Earlier today, Cadbury was tweeting for followers to return to its page at 11am to find out how to receive a free Golden Biscuit Dairy Milk sample.
It has now created a tweet asking followers to tell it what the scrambled words ‘YOCAHOSCTATELT’, are, to win a sample.
The Golden Biscuit Crunch bar is being positioned as something to dunk into tea, while the Toffee Popcorn is being touted as the accompaniment for a night in with a movie.
Cadbury recently revealed that since the start of the year, its social media activity around the Olympics has added 2.5 million fans and followers to its UK social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Google+, which are dedicated to the Games content.
Jerry Daykin, social media and community manager at Cadbury London 2012 and Kraft Foods Europe, told Marketing that paid-for promotions on Twitter have been effective for the brand for reaching a mass audience.
Daykin said: "Growth in social has been organic, but as an FMCG brand, we are all about scale, reaching millions of people and that is hard to do without having some level of Twitter media."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...