Kronenbourg 1664 revamps to highlight provenance and taste
Heineken is rolling out a fresh creative strategy for its premium lager brand Kronenbourg 1664, centred on its taste and provenance.
Kronenbourg 1664: updates ad strategy
The campaign, which introduces the strapline 'A Taste Supreme', is the first work by Ogilvy & Mather following the agency's appointment to the £5m creative account earlier in the year.
Rolling out across outdoor and national press from next week, the activity comprises a series of executions venerating Kronenbourg's taste credentials.
The ads marry images of the beer with phrases such as "The tongue never lies," "To taste is to know" and "Measured in depth not volume".
The creative has been inspired by the Strisselspalt hop, known by brewers as the "caviar of hops" from which the taste and aroma of Kronenbourg 1664 derives.
The activity forms the first phase of a multimedia campaign that will run into next year.
Its previous campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, positioned the brand as a lager to be savoured slowly.
Bruce Reinders, brands director for premium lagers at Heineken, said: "We set out to create advertising that celebrates the brand's distinctive taste and harnesses this product truth to set it apart."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...