House of Holland opens 'pop up' eBay shop for London Fashion Week
House of Holland, the fashion label, is running a temporary online sale on eBay, which it has dubbed a "digital pop-up store", as part of the online auction house's partnership with the British Fashion Council.
House of Holland: the fashion label's houndstooth tights
The sale runs from today until 18 September to mark London Fashion Week, which kicks off on 14 September.
A selection of clothing from designer Henry Holland's autumn/winter 2012 collection is up for grabs, while all customers who purchase an item will receive a free pair of House of Holland tights.
In addition, eBay will be live-streaming House of Holland’s spring/summer 2013 catwalk show in its Style Collective fashion blog on Saturday 15 September, as part of its partnership with the British Fashion Council for its Fashion Forward initiative, which supports UK-based designers.
In July, eBay announced it had signed a multi-season sponsorship deal with the British Fashion Council.
The House of Holland activity is the first since the deal was announced, and forms part of eBay's ongoing strategy to be perceived as a fashion retailer for big-name brands, not just an online marketplace.
Last December eBay UK launched a pop-up store in London to showcase a range of products that could be bought through its app.
The online auction house claims more than 4.5 million shoppers visit its fashion site every month, up from around two million in 2010, and that its UK fashion business grew by between 20% and 30% in 2011 year on year.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- E-Commerce Specialist Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...