News Corp appoints Andrew Knight as chairman of Times Newspapers
News Corporation has named long-standing executive Andrew Knight as the new chairman of Times Newspapers, replacing Rupert Murdoch who stood down from the role in July.
The Times: Andrew Knight is appointed chairman of Times Newspapers
Knight has served as director of News Corporation, the parent company of The Times, since 1991, including roles as chairman of the compensation committee and as a member of the audit committee of the board.
He will resign his position as director of News Corporation at the next annual general meeting on 16 October.
Knight also served as chief executive and editor-in-chief of The Daily Telegraph from 1986 to 1989.
Rupert Murdoch, commenting on the appointment, said: "His experience and insight as a journalist and as an executive will be a huge asset to The Times and The Sunday Times as they face the challenges and seize the opportunities of the future."
In July, Murdoch stepped down from a string of roles connected to his newspaper empire. He stood down from News International Group Limited, News Corp Investments and Times Newspaper Holdings.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London
- Account Manager - Excellent London Agency - to £32k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £32k, West London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London