News Corp appoints Andrew Knight as chairman of Times Newspapers
News Corporation has named long-standing executive Andrew Knight as the new chairman of Times Newspapers, replacing Rupert Murdoch who stood down from the role in July.
The Times: Andrew Knight is appointed chairman of Times Newspapers
Knight has served as director of News Corporation, the parent company of The Times, since 1991, including roles as chairman of the compensation committee and as a member of the audit committee of the board.
He will resign his position as director of News Corporation at the next annual general meeting on 16 October.
Knight also served as chief executive and editor-in-chief of The Daily Telegraph from 1986 to 1989.
Rupert Murdoch, commenting on the appointment, said: "His experience and insight as a journalist and as an executive will be a huge asset to The Times and The Sunday Times as they face the challenges and seize the opportunities of the future."
In July, Murdoch stepped down from a string of roles connected to his newspaper empire. He stood down from News International Group Limited, News Corp Investments and Times Newspaper Holdings.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...