First Direct to feature in first Guardian 'bookmark' ad format
First Direct is launching a campaign depicting "happy customers", which will be the first ad to feature in the Guardian's new 'front-page bookmark' ad format.
First Direct: Picture of Happiness campaign
The £1.4m ad campaign (see below), by agency Story, follows a call by the HSBC-owned bank for customers to send in their 'Picture of Happiness' – a photograph showing them at their happiest – via the brand's website and Facebook page.
After 2,300 photos were received, a final winner was chosen and they received a new digital camera and a weekend trip to London.
The print, digital and outdoor ads roll out on Monday (17 September) and will run for seven weeks. Media planning and buying is by Mindshare.
As part of the campaign, First Direct will be the first brand to have its advertising featured in the Guardian’s new 'bookmark' ad format. The front page will feature a "flap" which, when opened, will cover a third of the cover with the ad.
Natalie Cowen, head of brand at First Direct, said: "We've got a really engaged group of customers and we wanted to give them the opportunity to get involved in our marketing campaign.
"Banking with First Direct gives customers more time to do what makes them happy and the 'Picture of Happiness' campaign aims to illustrate this and the essence of first direct’s brand to prospective customers."
Click to enlarge
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...