VisitBritain marketing chief heads to STA Travel
Laurence Bresh, director of marketing at tourism body VisitBritain, is stepping down after three years in the role, to join STA Travel.
Laurence Bresh: joins STA Travel
Bresh became the marketing lead at VisitBritain in July 2009 and has been instrumental in the body’s major marketing initiatives over the past year, from the 'You’re Invited' campaign to the 'This is Great' work, which launched immediately after the Paralympic Games.
Bresh will join STA Travel in November as the marketing and online director for Africa and Northern Europe.
A spokesperson for VisitBritain said Joss Croft, head of marketing, will step up in the interim as acting marketing director, to provide a "seamless continuity" and to ensure current marketing partnerships are "in safe hands" as it looks for a replacement.
Prior to his appointment as director of marketing in 2009, Bresh spent a year as a regional director for Europe, before which he was a general manager for England marketing at the tourism body, where he headed up the 20-strong team behind the EnjoyEngland brand, marketing strategy and website.
Bresh began his career in tourism at the British Tourism Authority in 2001, which he joined from supermarket brand Safeway.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...