Game prepares relaunch ad campaign
Game Group has unveiled a fresh marketing strategy based on value and 'honesty', following the merger of its Game and Gamestation high-street brands.
Game Group: ditching Gamestation brand
The retailer, which was saved from administration by investment firm OpCapita in April, is to drop the Game-station brand, and will position Game as a multichannel chain that offers customers market-leading value.
The changes will be flagged up initially through in-store activity and a direct marketing campaign. Game plans to launch above-the-line ads in November, to communicate its new tone of voice, based on ‘honesty, humility and humour’.
It will remind consumers that ‘the best bits’ of Game-station, such as the expertise of its staff, will be retained. In addition the retailer will launch a mobile site and its first app, which will be linked to its loyalty card.
According to Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director for Game, this strategy will help it better contend with online retailers in the gaming sector, competition she admits it was previously ‘intimidated’ by.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)