Game prepares relaunch ad campaign
Game Group has unveiled a fresh marketing strategy based on value and 'honesty', following the merger of its Game and Gamestation high-street brands.
Game Group: ditching Gamestation brand
The retailer, which was saved from administration by investment firm OpCapita in April, is to drop the Game-station brand, and will position Game as a multichannel chain that offers customers market-leading value.
The changes will be flagged up initially through in-store activity and a direct marketing campaign. Game plans to launch above-the-line ads in November, to communicate its new tone of voice, based on ‘honesty, humility and humour’.
It will remind consumers that ‘the best bits’ of Game-station, such as the expertise of its staff, will be retained. In addition the retailer will launch a mobile site and its first app, which will be linked to its loyalty card.
According to Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director for Game, this strategy will help it better contend with online retailers in the gaming sector, competition she admits it was previously ‘intimidated’ by.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)