Game prepares relaunch ad campaign
Game Group has unveiled a fresh marketing strategy based on value and 'honesty', following the merger of its Game and Gamestation high-street brands.
Game Group: ditching Gamestation brand
The retailer, which was saved from administration by investment firm OpCapita in April, is to drop the Game-station brand, and will position Game as a multichannel chain that offers customers market-leading value.
The changes will be flagged up initially through in-store activity and a direct marketing campaign. Game plans to launch above-the-line ads in November, to communicate its new tone of voice, based on ‘honesty, humility and humour’.
It will remind consumers that ‘the best bits’ of Game-station, such as the expertise of its staff, will be retained. In addition the retailer will launch a mobile site and its first app, which will be linked to its loyalty card.
According to Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director for Game, this strategy will help it better contend with online retailers in the gaming sector, competition she admits it was previously ‘intimidated’ by.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London