Benetton follows gay kiss ads with 'unemployee of the year' spot
United Colors of Benetton is following up its controversial "unhate" press ads that featured political leaders kissing, with a global campaign based around a "unemployee of the year" competition.
The activity includes a TV ad that features four young adults, tagged as "Neets" (Not in Education, Employment or Training) searching for a job with dignity despite the stigma attached to unemployment.
The in-house campaign, created by the brand’s in-house research centre Fabrica in co-operation with 72andSunny Amsterdam, features unemployed people dressed ironically in business clothes to highlight the stigmatisation of unemployment.
The ad will be broadcast globally on MTV and on digital channels in more than 35 countries.
Print and social media activity featuring photographs and videos will support the TV campaign.
The creative has been designed to draw attention to the brand's "unemployee of the year" competition, which is inviting unemployed people between the ages of 18 and 30 to submit outlines of projects that will have a concrete social impact on their community.
Project ideas will be hosted on the brand’s Unhate Foundation website and voted for by the online community with the 100 most deserving projects receiving support from Benetton to make the ideas a reality.
The "unemployee of the year" campaign follows on from the brand’s controversial "unhate" campaign that featured an image of Pope Benedict XVI kissing Imam Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb and won a Cannes Lion Grand Prix for press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...