Humphrey quits BBC for BT's fledgling sports channel
BT has signed up BBC Formula 1 and football sports presenter Jake Humphrey to anchor its Premier League coverage, marking a coup for BT as it seeks to become a serious player in the pay-TV sports market.
Jake Humphrey: BBC presenter signs to BT channel
Humphrey, who is one of the rising stars at the BBC, is quitting the channel to join BT's sports channel, which, from the start of the 2013/14 season, will broadcast 38 live Premier League games.
BT has also won the rights to show live top-flight rugby.
Humphrey has spent 10 years at the BBC and is perhaps best known for fronting its F1 coverage, as well as covering the London 2012 Olympics for BBC One and co-hosting the 'BBC Sports Personality of the Year'.
He will be the studio face of BT Vision's Barclays Premier League activity and will begin work with the sports channel, which has yet to be named, in January 2013 on a four-year deal.
His contract with BT does not prevent Humphrey continuing to work with BBC.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...