William and Kate win legal case over Closer France
Closer France has been ordered to hand over all digital copies of topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge by a French court today, which has also blocked the further publication of the images in France.
The decision backs the legal action taken by Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, to crack down after the publication of the pictures.
Representatives at St James' Palace described the photos as "grotesque and totally unjustifiable", last week.
The Closer brand is licensed to the French magazine publisher Mondadori under an agreement with Bauer Media.
Bauer Media’s chief executive Paul Keenan told Media Week on Friday he was "very disappointed" that Closer had run the pictures and was seeking urgent talks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London