William and Kate win legal case over Closer France
Closer France has been ordered to hand over all digital copies of topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge by a French court today, which has also blocked the further publication of the images in France.
The decision backs the legal action taken by Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, to crack down after the publication of the pictures.
Representatives at St James' Palace described the photos as "grotesque and totally unjustifiable", last week.
The Closer brand is licensed to the French magazine publisher Mondadori under an agreement with Bauer Media.
Bauer Media’s chief executive Paul Keenan told Media Week on Friday he was "very disappointed" that Closer had run the pictures and was seeking urgent talks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London