William and Kate win legal case over Closer France
Closer France has been ordered to hand over all digital copies of topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge by a French court today, which has also blocked the further publication of the images in France.
The decision backs the legal action taken by Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, to crack down after the publication of the pictures.
Representatives at St James' Palace described the photos as "grotesque and totally unjustifiable", last week.
The Closer brand is licensed to the French magazine publisher Mondadori under an agreement with Bauer Media.
Bauer Media’s chief executive Paul Keenan told Media Week on Friday he was "very disappointed" that Closer had run the pictures and was seeking urgent talks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire