William and Kate win legal case over Closer France
Closer France has been ordered to hand over all digital copies of topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge by a French court today, which has also blocked the further publication of the images in France.
The decision backs the legal action taken by Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, to crack down after the publication of the pictures.
Representatives at St James' Palace described the photos as "grotesque and totally unjustifiable", last week.
The Closer brand is licensed to the French magazine publisher Mondadori under an agreement with Bauer Media.
Bauer Media’s chief executive Paul Keenan told Media Week on Friday he was "very disappointed" that Closer had run the pictures and was seeking urgent talks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)