The Times latest publisher to use Aurasma AR technology
News International has teamed up with Gap and Clinique to run augmented reality advertising in The Times newspaper, as the publisher moves to tap into the growing number of consumers accessing content via smartphones or tablet computers.
The Times: augmented reality advertising featured in today's T2 supplement
In the Times supplement, T2 today (19 September), there is exclusive material available only to readers who have downloaded the Aurasma app to their smartphone or tablet computers.
These readers can access exclusive video content and buy products directly off the page, when they scan the pages with the app.
Heat magazine and a number of other brands such as Tesco have also used the Aurasma technology.
News International is running the augmented reality piece of advertising to coincide with London Fashion Week.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England