GNM to part company with commercial chief Adam Freeman in shake up
Guardian News & Media's (GNM's) top commercial executive Adam Freeman is leaving the publisher after 10 years, as part of a shake-up that installs chief marketing officer David Pemsel as chief commercial officer.
Adam Freeman: leaves GNM to launch a digital start-up
Chris Pelekanou, the global commercial director, is joining outdoor media owner Clear Channel as commercial director in December. GNM is to seek a replacement for him.
Pemsel will oversee GNM's commercial and marketing operations. The former ITV marketing director joined GNM in September 2011 in a commercial and strategic consultancy role, then in June took a long-term contract as chief marketing officer to assist with the restructuring of the department.
Tanya Cordrey, GNM's director of digital development, is promoted to the new role of chief digital officer.
The changes come amid challenging times at GNM, the publishing arm of Guardian Media Group. In July it emerged it was to make up to 100 editorial roles redundant after it made operating losses before exceptional items and amortisation of £44.2m in the year to 31 March, up from £38.3m the year before.
Freeman held the high-profile role of executive director, overseeing the commercial operations at GNM. He reported to chief executive Andrew Miller.
Freeman is leaving in October to launch a digital start-up called MutualMedia.co
Pelekanou, who has been with GNM for 20 years, will leave in December.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)