GNM to part company with commercial chief Adam Freeman in shake up
Guardian News & Media's (GNM's) top commercial executive Adam Freeman is leaving the publisher after 10 years, as part of a shake-up that installs chief marketing officer David Pemsel as chief commercial officer.
Adam Freeman: leaves GNM to launch a digital start-up
Chris Pelekanou, the global commercial director, is joining outdoor media owner Clear Channel as commercial director in December. GNM is to seek a replacement for him.
Pemsel will oversee GNM's commercial and marketing operations. The former ITV marketing director joined GNM in September 2011 in a commercial and strategic consultancy role, then in June took a long-term contract as chief marketing officer to assist with the restructuring of the department.
Tanya Cordrey, GNM's director of digital development, is promoted to the new role of chief digital officer.
The changes come amid challenging times at GNM, the publishing arm of Guardian Media Group. In July it emerged it was to make up to 100 editorial roles redundant after it made operating losses before exceptional items and amortisation of £44.2m in the year to 31 March, up from £38.3m the year before.
Freeman held the high-profile role of executive director, overseeing the commercial operations at GNM. He reported to chief executive Andrew Miller.
Freeman is leaving in October to launch a digital start-up called MutualMedia.co
Pelekanou, who has been with GNM for 20 years, will leave in December.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...