Google opens agency talks over creative industries task
Google is talking to agencies about a brief to build its reputation among the creative industries, including the advertising community.
Google: wants creative communities to explore its products
The Observatory is handling the review, which is expected to lead to the appointment of a roster of creative shops to develop strategy and advertising to encourage creative people to use and explore Google products when creating new work.
Google has worked with a number of agencies including Glue Isobar, M&C Saatchi and Bartle Bogle Hegarty, but is searching more broadly for the new task.
The review follows the unveiling of a US-based initiative to help Google target the advertising industry. Earlier this month, Google collaborated with AKQA in the US to launch its new open platform, Creative Sandbox.
The social media platform enables advertising agencies to share their work with the rest of the industry and spark new digital ideas. In addition, users are able to push their favourite projects to the top and comment on other people’s campaigns.
Recent advertising innovations from Google include the launch of the skippable advertising format TrueView for YouTube on mobile devices. This offers users the option of skipping pre-roll ads after five seconds.
The tech giant also unveiled its Google Glass electronic glasses at an event during New York Fashion Week.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London