Rolling Stones channel King Kong for album pre-order push
The Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary 'Grrr!' greatest hits album is to be promoted with augmented reality that features a virtual gorilla hanging from famous landmarks including Big Ben and the Sydney Opera House.
The Rolling Stones: launches Grrr pre-order campaign
From today, Rolling Stones fans can download a dedicated iPhone app that superimposes the gorilla onto their screens when they point their smartphone at one of 3,000 landmarks in 50 cities around the world.
Landmarks include The Empire State Building and Toyko's SkyTree.
The gorilla image is based on the album artwork and features the band's signature red tongue hanging from its mouth.
Universal Music has partnered with augmented reality specialist Aurasma for the global activity. The app also allows users to pre-order the album ahead of its launch next month.
Users are being encouraged to take photos of the gorilla animations and share them on Twitter, Facebook and the band's fan site. The 50 best submissions will each win a prize.
Deborah Hyacinth, vice president of digital marketing at Universal Music Group, said: "This pioneering use of mobile technology extends The Rolling Stones' reputation for innovation and imagination."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...