Starbucks to start selling domestic coffee machines
Starbucks has today (20 September) confirmed the launch of its first entry into the luxury home coffee-machine market with Verismo, which will compete with Nescafé's Nespresso and other kitchen espresso makers.
Starbucks: launches its Verismo domestic coffee machines
The launch of the Verismo will form a key plank of Starbuck's UK growth strategy, as it moves to expand the business into new areas outside its core high-street stores.
The move coincides with the chain's rollout of its first online shopping site in the UK, at www.starbucks.co.uk.
In the UK, the most expensive Verismo machine will cost £349, with a cheaper version priced at £149. The coffee pods will cost £5.99 for packs of 12.
Verismo machines will initially be sold at starbucks.co.uk from tomorrow (21 September) and from Starbucks outlets from 2 November .
The Verismo has been developed with Krueger, a German-based company that sells in the US under the Keurig brand.
The launch of the machines is expected to be supported by a significant marketing support.
Kris Engskov, managing director at Starbucks UK and Ireland, said: "Up until today, making a Starbucks Latte at home was just not possible. Now customers who have been asking for more ways to enjoy Starbucks need look no further."
Starbucks has undertaken a number of recent initiatives, including rolling out thousands of coffee vending machines, called Starbucks on the Go.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...