M&C Saatchi boosts first-half profits by 13%
M&C Saatchi's pre-tax profits jumped 13% to £8.7m for the six months ending 30 June, a performance driven by wins from brands including Spotify and Twitter.
Direct Line:take the direct line by M&C Saatchi
The company's UK operations performed strongly, with revenues up 16% to £36.3m, while group-wide revenues grew 15% to £82.8m.
The ad agency said that in the UK, CRM and mobile performed particularly well.
Across mainland Europe, like-for-like revenues grew 25% and operating profit was up 31%, which the group said bucked the trend against a backdrop of "macro-economic challenges".
M&C's most dramatic performance overseas was in the Middle East and Africa, where like-for-like revenues rose 146% to £2.8m. Its Americas business grew 12% and Asia and Australia saw revenues up 12% and operating profit up 41%.
In the UK, wins over the period included O2, Loewe, National Trust, Harveys, Intercontinental Hotels and Virgin Holidays.
The firm said in a statement: "We retain a close watch on costs as well as margins. This resulted in the headline operating margin holding at 20.7%."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London