Santander campaign focuses on 'everyday value'
Santander, the Spanish-owned high street bank, has rolled out a new campaign promoting the "value" it offers customers.
Santander: campaign based in Shrewsbury
A new TV ad, which breaks on 23 September, sees the brand visit the Shropshire town of Shrewsbury, talking to local people about the value credentials of its products.
Santander branch staff are shown using Santander’s ‘Cashback Calculator’ digital tool to reveals how much they could potentially save in a year with that brand’s 123 Current Account and 123 Credit Card.
A giant "totaliser" in the town centre is then shown to hit the £1m mark, the total amount the town’s population could save by banking with Santander. As a result of reaching £1m, the bank donated £25,000 to a local charity
Subsequent executions will focus on the ‘Cashback Calculator’ app itself, as well as a video-on-demand push showing testimonials from consumers in Shrewsbury who were impressed with the products.
It follows the launch of a "more human" marketing strategy in March, moving away from the "red brick" creative theme of previous ads. Formula One brand ambassadors Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton are expected to return in forthcoming marketing activity.
Keith Moor, UK marketing director at Santander, told Marketing the ad is part of a two-year plan to bring the brand closer to "real people" and re-establish trust following the banking crisis.
"We’re moving to a communications strategy that’s about real value every day. Banks have a very poor reputation, so we want to be more human and be closer to real people," he added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)